Ready to showcase your talents… and make some money?
At Great Northern, we want our guests to feel right at home- like they’re walking into the neighborhood tavern where friends and family meet up to enjoy amazing food and excellent service. We want our guests to appreciate the entire experience week after week, month after month- and that experience begins with you. If you are energetic, genuinely care about providing amazing service, and enjoy being part of a hard-working team, we want you!
Line / Prep Cook
Completes all assigned prep list items and sets up cook’s line stations. Maintains product presentations, product quality, and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to Great Northern’s recipes, plate presentations, and specifications. Completes side duties including but not limited: to bussing tables, cleaning back of the house areas, washing dishes, unpacking food / supply deliveries, organizing stockroom / cooler shelves. Adheres to Company food and shelf life absolutes. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Prepares menu items according to Great Northern’s recipes, plate presentations and specifications, serves hot food hot and cold food cold, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Completes all assigned prep work: measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared. Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Sets up work station, cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Works with a sense of urgency. Monitors ticket times and works with Team Members to ensure food preparation activities are executed in a timely fashion.
- High School graduate preferred
- Previous cooking / prep experience preferred
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and prepare all food recipes within Great Northern’s guidelines
- Ability to prepare and present menu items within cook time requirements
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by Guest and prepare and cook food according to instructions