Ready to showcase your talents… and make some money?
At Great Northern, we want our guests to feel right at home- like they’re walking into the neighborhood tavern where friends and family meet up to enjoy amazing food and excellent service. We want our guests to appreciate the entire experience week after week, month after month- and that experience begins with you. If you are energetic, genuinely care about providing amazing service, and enjoy being part of a hard-working team, we want you!
Front of House Manager
Greets, engages and seats all Guests in a warm and friendly manner, making a memorable first impression. Assists in maintaining the overall Guest flow of the restaurant. As Guests are departing, inquire about their experience, thank them for dining with us, and invite them back. To perform side duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, bussing tables, washing dishes, expediting orders and running food. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Greets, engages, and seats the Guest in a timely and controlled manner. Accommodates any special needs, (i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities, large parties, etc.). Opens doors for arriving and departing Guests. Consistently explains features and limited time offerings.
- Manages the Wait List as needed, quoting accurate times.
- Provides assistance to servers.
- Maintains clean and organized work and entry areas, including windows, floors.
- Checks the overall cleanliness of the restrooms every 30 minutes.
- Understands and accurately uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out, to process/input orders and complete end of shift procedures.
- Assists with To go orders
- High School graduate preferred
- Previous host/hostess experience preferred
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant
- Reading, writing and superior communication skills required
- Communicates with Guests demonstrating confidence, creating a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
- Open Table
Job Type: Full-time