Ready to showcase your talents… and make some money?
At Great Northern, we want our guests to feel right at home- like they’re walking into the neighborhood tavern where friends and family meet up to enjoy amazing food and excellent service. We want our guests to appreciate the entire experience week after week, month after month- and that experience begins with you. If you are energetic, genuinely care about providing amazing service, and enjoy being part of a hard-working team, we want you!
JOB TITLE: Bartender
REPORTS TO: Front of the House Manager
Serves and suggestively sells drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts in an outgoing, friendly and timely manner so as to “WOW” our guests. Responsible for accurate cash handling. Performs side duties including, but not limited to: answering the phone, bussing tables, washing glassware, cleaning work stations, expediting orders or running food. Adheres to company drink recipes and absolutes. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic beverages and/or non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and procedures.
- Interacts verbally with all Guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Greets Guests, explains signature items, tours the Guest through the menu using concise and articulate language; listens and responds to questions.
- Suggestively sells and upgrades drinks (call brands, premium, and specialty), appetizers, entrees and dessert menu items by providing specific and descriptive mouthwatering adjectives when describing each item.
- Observes Guests, practices the two bite/two minute check back to ensure Guest satisfaction.
- Presents Guest check to each table and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure in a timely manner.
- Understands and uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out and process/input orders.
- Practices teamwork, assisting other Team Members by running food, greeting other tables, pre-bussing, refilling beverages, providing assistance to other tables when necessary.
- Understands the role of serving alcohol responsibly, knows legal drinking age and the proper procedures for requesting identification. Asks anyone who appears to be 40 years of age or younger for their identification card. Monitors guests who are drinking alcohol using the traffic light (Red, yellow, green) system. Keeps the MOD informed of anyone who may be intoxicated or reaching the point of intoxication.
- Completes assigned cleaning duties.
- High School graduate preferred
- Previous bartender or restaurant experience preferred
- Reading, writing, basic math and superior communication skills required
- Understanding of federal, state, and local liquor laws required
- Professional communications skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Handles multiple priorities; work under stress and exercise good judgment
Job Type: Full time & part time positions available